Many years ago I had many friends. Looking back, I wonder why I ever considered them friends to begin with.
The dictionary defines “friend” as “a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.” I’m not certain that any of these friends had these feelings about me. If they did, they certainly had an odd way of showing it.
Another definition is “a person who gives assistance.” It is amazing how many times I’d be there for them in their time of need, but they were always too busy to be there when I needed them.
These weren’t friends. They were the junk that clutters up our lives and drains off our resources. In the end, I chose to just sever all contact and move on. I am more free now than I was then. I am happier. And I am much more picky about who I call “friend”.
Inspired by: Daily Prompt
Picture borrowed from:
Copyright remains that of the original owner.
- Finding a Fantastic Friend (FF) (christydalby.com)
- Friend of a friend = friend? (nerdypenguin.wordpress.com)
- What happened to our friendship? (blueeyepalace.wordpress.com)
- Friends (misssarahspy.wordpress.com)
- A card from chloe (popgirlsinspire.wordpress.com)
- Fake Friend (FF) (eliagoblog.wordpress.com)