- National Pizza Month began in 1987.
- Americans consume approximately 350 slices of pizza per second or approximately 100 acres per day.
- Pizza is a $30 billion per year industry.
- The United States has 61,269 pizza parlors.
- Americans consume an average of 23 lbs. (or 46 slices) of pizza per person per year.
- Around 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.
- An average of 36% of all pizza orders are pepperoni.
- Select your favorite kind of pizza. Consider adding your own vegetable toppings.
- Check the Nutrition Facts on packaged pizza (be mindful of “serving size”)
- Limit your personal portion based on what else you’ve eaten or plan to eat during the day
- Fill half your plate with vegetables and fruits to round out the meal
- Savor your selection knowing that you are enjoying a food you love in the right amount for you
Personally, my favorite type of pizza is sausage, green peppers and onions with extra sauce on a hand-tossed crust. Occasionally, I’ll add some jalapeno peppers to the mix.
When I was a kid we used to order from this little pizzeria in Chicago named Marco’s. I used to love that place. When we lived in Illinois still, I enjoyed a place called Jimano’s Pizzeria. Now that I’m in Texas, I haven’t found a new favorite pizzeria. We’ve only had Pizza Hut down here so far. Pizza Hut is perfectly fine, but there’s nothing like those pizza parlors that aren’t chain restaurants.
What’s your favorite pizza/restaurant? Comment below with your answers.
Picture borrowed from:
Copyright remains that of the original owner.
- Pizza Hut panned for near 3,000 calorie ‘cheeseburger’ pizza (telegraph.co.uk)
- Pizza Hut Launches Cheeseburger-Stuffed Crust Pizza (ohgizmo.com)
- First Online Purchase Ever Was A Pizza Hut Pizza, In 1994 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fresh Brothers: A traditional pizza parlor poised to explode in Southern California (bizjournals.com)
- Pizza Hut’s Cheeseburger Pizza Is Both Extraordinary and Repulsive (jezebel.com)
- Pizza Party Ideas (birthdayinabox.com)
- Pizza night in the Rockies (worldandoyster.wordpress.com)
- Pizza Hut’s Cheeseburger Pizza Is Now Knocking On the UK’s Door (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Persuasion by Comparison and Contrast by Tracy (duchesstracy13.wordpress.com)