Punk Rock is a music genre that was developed between 1974 – 1976 in the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia. (Sorry kids, no, you aren’t even remotely original with this one.) Music critics in American first used the term “punk” in the early 1970s. By 1976, bands such as the Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, Television and the Ramones were formed in London and New York City. Now we have bands such as Green Day, The Offspring and Blink-182.
Regardless of its origin, Punk Rock is widely popular and today, for some unknown reason, is Punk For a Day Day. So enjoy! Here is a link to a website that will show you how to become a Punk Rocker: http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Punk-Rocker. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures that I found. Please leave your comments below. As always, thank you for reading!
- Great-grandmother Viva Hamnell is Britain’s oldest punk rocker (dailymail.co.uk)
- If The Sex Pistols were around today would their be another Punk revolution? The legacy of the most famous punk band to walk our land (nextgeneration3blog.wordpress.com)
- Reading Festival, Rock Evolution (ruskinattlee123.wordpress.com)
- “Bored Teenagers” (rockchicksrule.wordpress.com)
- San Jose’s Skate Rock Hero’s – Steve Caballero and The Faction (gonesk8ing.wordpress.com)
- the 20 Greatest American hardcore punk albums of all time (savagehippie.wordpress.com)
- Interview with Richard Guerrero, the man behind “SubCCultured: the Rise of DIY Rock in Corpus Christi” (ccstrike.wordpress.com)
- Punk Manifesto by Greg Graffin (punxinsolidarity.wordpress.com)
- Why brothel creepers are rad’der than you think (thenakedlistener.wordpress.com)