I’m going to let you in on a little secret. When I was six years old my uncle bought me a stuffed seal that I named “Sitka” after the island it was supposed to come from. I loved that seal! His arm would cover my neck every night to protect me from vampires. I slept with him until I was 18 years old. At that point I had shared an apartment with my brother. Sitka went into storage and I never saw him again. My brother claimed that Sitka had suffered from mildew damage and he had to throw him away. Between you and me, I was never entirely convinced this was true. I miss Sitka to this day. Yes, I know I am 39 years old, but it doesn’t change how I felt about that seal.
So, today is Plush Animal Lover’s Day. Do you have a favorite stuffed animal that you had while growing up? Do you still have one? Do you have any interesting stories you would like to share regarding your stuffed animal? Please leave your comments below. Thank you for reading.
- Photos: The bears you loved (cnn.com)
- Custom Plush Products- Plush Pillow (stationarysupplies.wordpress.com)
- Buying for Children the Suitable Plush Toys (customfunnytoys.wordpress.com)
- I stumbled on these adorable plush kitties (stuffedwithluv.wordpress.com)
- A Stuffed Animal Made in Space (tested.com)