Mama Kat’s Writing Prompt asks “You have to move away from your state in one month. Name six destinations you wouldn’t mind relocating to.”
I moved to Texas a little less than two years ago. Prior to that, I lived in Illinois for the majority of my life (with brief stints in Ohio, Wisconsin, Mississippi and New York). Weather-wise, I absolutely love Texas. The area I’m in is fairly decent even in the summertime. We still have days when it gets a little too warm, but nothing beats not having to shovel snow. And, let’s face it, there are only so many layers a person can put on before they begin to look like Baymax from Big Hero 6.
All this being said, rural Texas isn’t exactly where I would love to live for the rest of my life. Nothing personal to those who love living in the middle of nowhere, but I am a city girl at heart. So, let’s begin my 6 destinations I would love to live:
1. London, England – I have always had a fascination with London ever since I was a little girl and first read a book called “Her Royal Destiny” about King Henry VIII’s last wife, Katherine Parr. This, coupled with my absolute love of British television, makes London an absolute must-live-before-I-die destination. (And, who knows, maybe I might meet a madman with a blue box!)
2. Chicago, Illinois – Okay, so I grew up in Chicago, and it snows – alot. But I miss all of my friends so much, that I wouldn’t mind moving back for a little bit before I die.
3. Seattle, Washington – I don’t know why specifically, but I’ve heard some great things about Seattle and wouldn’t mind living there at least once in my life.
4. Rome, Italy – This historical city would be an absolute fabulous place to live.
5. Orlando, Florida – Because there is somebody that I love a great deal who lives there.
6. New York City – My daughter plans on living there and I doubt I could live very long away from her.
(These locations may change based on wherever my son decides to end up, as well. Yes, I plan on being a stalker mom. I don’t like the idea of being away from my children for too long.)
So, these are my six destinations that I would love to live. Do you have any favorites?
Don’t forget to visit and follow the blog that my amazing daughter created for our Avon business, Leah’s Blushing Rose.