It doesn’t really take much to make me happy. It’s the little things that make the biggest difference in my life.
The number one thing to make me happy is knowing that my kids are happy. They are my world and when they hurt, I hurt. So, when they are happy, so to am I.
The other things that make me happy would be listed as follows:
2. A good book. I love reading and it takes an excellent book to hold my attention long enough. I currently have two books on my shelf that I am trying to find the time to read. The first one is “The Classic Illustrated Sherlock Holmes“.
And the second one is “Prince Lestat” by Anne Rice.
Both of these books were given to me by my son, so they are at the top of my reading list. Unfortunately, between working as server at a restaurant, selling AVON, blogging, and being a mother, I never seem to have any time left over to just relax and read.
3. A good wine. Okay, so it doesn’t necessarily have to be good. I just really like Merlot. I tend to buy the cheap stuff because, well, I’m poor.
4. My friends. I don’t have many people that I would call a true friend, but those I have I cherish with every ounce of my heart and soul.
5. Doctor Who. I’m sure all of you know I am a completely obsessed nerd fan-girl. Doctor Who is my end all and be all.
Who knew how hard finding ten things that make you happy would be?
6. The smell of rain at the end of winter.
7. Candles. I love candles and the way they cast different shadows across the room.
8. A really good steak. I know all the vegetarians will probably hate me for this, but I truly love a really good steak. I can’t help it. It just tastes so good!
9. A good movie. I know I have probably beaten to death the fact that everyone should see “Remember Me“, so I will not mention that movie here. Another good movie is “Labyrinth“. My kids and I actually wore out our VHS version of this movie and it took forever to finally find it on DVD. I love this movie so much that I could probably recite every line of it.
And last, but not least, 10. Weird as this may sound, but new office supplies make me happy. I absolutely love a fresh notebook or new pens or a full box of file folders. It’s silly, but I think a lot of writers out there agree with me that this can be the best thing in the world. I can spend hours in an office supply store and be perfectly content.
So, that’s it. That is ten things that make me happy. How about you? What makes you happy? Please leave a comment below.